Saturday October 28, 2017
Oklahoma History Center
11am – 3pm
Celebrate American Archives month and learn about archival resources in Oklahoma!
The Oklahoma Archives Bazaar is a FREE fun event open to the general public and appropriate for all ages. At the center of the event are booths from archives, libraries, and museums from across the state showing off their amazing collections and services in one big room! Our goal is to raise awareness about the wonderful resources available to students, genealogists, history buffs, and anyone who likes “old stuff.”
The event will feature:
- Information about local archives
- Meet the staff of archives, libraries and museums and hear about the unique items being preserved in Oklahoma
- Ask an Archivist table
- Do you have old letters or photographs passed down from family members and wonder how best to store them? Bring your questions about safe storage and display of family heirlooms.
- Scanning Station
- Archivists will scan your printed material up to 11″x14″ and you can take home the digital images. Items must be able to lay flat.
- Scavenger Hunt for History
- All ages activity. Decipher clues to find historical items, find them all and get a prize!
11:00 am- 12:00 pm $10
Musser Learning Lab, Oklahoma History Center
Do you know what acid-free means? The difference between encapsulation and lamination? What to do with wet documents and photographs? Come learn the basics of preserving your most treasured documents, books, and photographs in this 1-hour presentation. Patricia Jones, Special Collections Librarian at the Oklahoma Historical Society, will demonstrate some preservation procedures that you can do at home to protect and preserve your paper-based items, without using special tools or materials.
The Oklahoma Archives Bazaar is organized by the Oklahoma Archivists Association, a group of local professional archivists.
HAVE ARCHIVAL MATERIAL? SIGN UP FOR A TABLE AND JOIN IN THE FUN! IT’S FREE! Just contact Booth Organizer Bailey Hoffner at email@example.com
The Oklahoma Archivists Association will provide draped 6′ tables with two chairs each. Electrical outlets are provided on a first come basis.
Sponsorship opportunities are available! Contact us for more information.
Support for the Oklahoma Archives Bazaar provided by: